Antioxidants are substances that react with free radicals. Helps protect or inhibit cell damage cause by free radicals. The human body can already produce a certain amount of antioxidants. However, it must also rely on antioxidants from outside the body such as eating to be sufficient.
Source of antioxidants.
Antioxidants are both naturally occurring and synthetic. Natural free radicals are found in many of the foods we eat every day. UFABET Especially fruits and vegetables that are rich in high amounts. As for the antioxidants that humans synthesize. They are in the form of dietary supplements or ingredients add to various food products. Nutrients that are high sources are as follows:
- Beta-carotene and vitamin A are found in yellow and orange vegetables and fruits such as carrots, pumpkin, papaya, ripe mango, tomatoes, kale, and gourd .
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin are found in foods. Such as kale, spinach, broccoli, corn, and green peas .
- Lycopene is found in red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, watermelons and apricots.
- Selenium is found in foods such as red meat, tuna, liver, eggs , and spinach.
- Vitamin C is found in abundance in fruits such as guava and oranges.
- Vitamin E is found in a variety of foods. Such as nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, fruits, meat, eggs, wheat germ, whole-wheat bread, whole-grain cereals.